DISCLAIMER: The online audio course of The Objective Exercise should not be purchased unless you have studied and understood the foundational material within the PDF download of “Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets – The Teaching Guide”, or within the book “Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets”, or if you have personally attended an Inner Journey with Russell A. Smith.
Within this online audio course you will be given the Great Secret and the Great Truth, and if this is heard or read before you have fully digested the foundational material, it may not work as it should, and that would be a grave injustice to you.
The Objective Exercise is based upon the exercise included within the downloadable PDF “Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets – The Teaching Guide“, but is presented as an online course, with full audio exercises, allowing you to simply listen and be guided through every stage. It will take approximately 2 hours to fulfill completely, and can be undertaken repeatedly.
The audio recording of the actual Objective Exercise, in lesson five, includes background music and an intensive guidance on emptying and unifying your three lower centers, leaving you in a harmonized state, ready and receptive for the Higher Emotional Center to activate within you.
The course comprises the following lessons:
- Basic Preparation/The Threefold Attention Exercise – a ten-minute method to unify your three centers: mind, emotion and body, priming you for the Objective Exercise in experiencing unity in your being.
- The Preliminary Explanation – the background and overview of this incredible procedure, to intentionally unify your lower animal centers, and awaken your higher centers.
- The Premise – where the crux of the exercise is explained.
- The Secret and the Great Truth – giving you clear insight and knowledge of how this will work, where you will be able to perform the fourth part with great force.
- The Objective Exercise – the objective exercise to awaken the Higher Emotional Center (Gurdjieff’s “Steward” or Conscience) into your being, and to see reality as it is, perhaps for the first time, consciously and intentionally.