This website expands upon and deciphers the teachings of G. I. Gurdjieff and Russell A. Smith, revealing an ultimate structure to all phenomena, one which, if understood, allows you to experience an objective awakening through an exercise we call “The Objective Exercise“. The exercise is explained fully in a PDF downloadable e-book called, “Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets – The Teaching Guide.“
The structure is based upon the laws of seven and three, and unifies science, spirituality and religion, and demonstrates a mathematically verifiable connection to quarks, supernovae, suns, planets, DNA, human psychology, and black holes. It is a complete and objective teaching, and it is all available in one downloadable PDF.
The e-book can be yours for only $90.00, and included within it, is the objective exercise that unifies your three lower centers into one, causing a state of awakening to occur, which allows you to see the world around you as it really is.
Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets – The Teaching Guide is a PDF downloadable compilation of the transcripts of its discoverer, Russell A. Smith, successfully showing hundreds of people how to awaken.
It includes his seminal book, Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets, concerning the rules and laws of life, as well as, the objective exercise that contains a Great Secret and a Great Truth, which, when performed, will cause you to awaken. This enables anyone to access their Higher Emotional Center in just a few simple steps.
The Four States of Consciousness
We are capable of four states of consciousness – Sleep, Waking Sleep, Self-Consciousness, and Objective Consciousness. We usually only reside in the first two.
- Sleep is simply unconscious, fast asleep, or even comatose.
- Waking sleep is also known as relative consciousness, one where we are not “here”, but are wrapped up in worries, anxieties, regrets of the past and fears of the future, or simply caught in and endless bout of revolving thoughts and narration. Everything is subjective. This is not “awake”, and awakening is our right.
- Self-consciousness is the first state of awakening, and is one where we are conscious to ourselves, our thoughts and the reason we act in the ways that we do. We become an impartial witness to ourselves, seeing ourselves as we really are, not what we think we are or what we are told we are. We can begin to fully purge every inexactitude within us, ridding us of all the falsities and notions built up in us over years. We become real, and we develop conscience. Useless thoughts and inner commentary ceases, and we cease to lie to others or ourselves.
- Objective consciousness is seeing the world as it is, and seeing ourselves and others as they really are. We are free of placing labels on things, free of prejudice…simply free. Life becomes objective, and we live with pure reason and impartiality. This is the most fulfilled and highest potential of a human being. We are free to be, and our will is our own.
The Four Types of Attention
We have four types of attention – None, Scattered, Drawn and Directed.
- No attention is deep sleep, out for the count. We are not even there.
- Scattered attention is our usual state, thinking one thing, then another, over and over until we are exhausted. In this state, we jump when things surprise us, we say things like “Gosh, I was miles away”. We miss so much of life. We can even drive and not know what we did. In this state we forget where we put things, forget what was said, and hardly ever notice the world going by.
- Drawn attention is when a loud noise or disturbance causes us to focus momentarily on something before we go scattered again. Video games exacerbate drawn attention. We are not in control of it. Something controls us. We can be drawn as long as our energy is sustained. It is not of our own doing.
- Directed attention is conscious and intentional and locks us in to something where we feel a “flow”, and where we take in all that we focus on without distraction. We used to have an attention span of 12 seconds, and since the last decade it is less than 8 seconds. A goldfish has 9. We truly can and ought to have better attention than a goldfish. Social media does not help this.
What does being “awake” really mean?
Most things in life do not make much sense when we sit down and reflect upon them. We get told contradictory things, get filled with all sorts of opinions, and nowadays we sadly cannot easily tell truth from the false. We hold grudges. We worry too much. We are concerned over trivial things, that at the time seem huge, but years later we cannot even recall. Our lives are filled with the most unfortunate things in our minds, that rarely ever happen in reality.
Our body is always in the here and now, but our emotions and minds are not. We ought to seek being “bodyful” rather than mindful. Our minds are too cluttered as it is. Being awake is being present to all that is occurring to us in the moment, in our body, mind and emotions, free of tension, and able to respond in the most appropriate way, rather than react according to habit or programming.
Being awake is being in control of your own mind, body and emotions, rather than being subject to every trigger and impact that life can throw at us. It may not make life simpler and easier, but it changes your whole relationship to it, so that you are at peace in yourself and see things objectively, see people without labels. Usually we only see the labels our minds bring up, and we only remember the last time we remembered something, not the event itself. That’s why memory distorts grossly over time.
Being awake is being free to be who we are, what we are. We are not at the mercy of life, but we learn to master life and ourselves. We gain inner peace, and the ability to stop unnecessary thoughts, and transform emotions. If you think you already control your thoughts, try to stop them, or watch what happens when falsely accused of something, or if your sensitivities are touched.
The book of an Inner Journey to Awakening
Russell A. Smith’s original book, Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets, has been woven into Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets – The Teaching Guide. Therefore, with your purchase of The Teaching Guide, you will automatically receive Mr. Smith’s first book for free. And, as an added bonus, The Objective Exercise to awakening has been placed on the last 26 pages of The Teaching Guide. Thus, giving you, in one simple PDF download, everything you need to awaken.
With your purchase of Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets – The Teaching Guide, you will receive a password to register on thedogpub.com; a website for students of THEDOG – who have received The Objective Exercise, which you will have, as it is included within the Teaching Guide.
The website contains an archive of Mr. Smith’s teachings, with additional sections for students who have qualified for more advanced exercises, so that they can awaken the Higher Mental Center.
Russell’s book is full of simple common sense, and explains phenomena from atomic structure, to supernova, describing nature, evolution and psychology, including even why we don’t get along in relationships. This book makes sense, and often for the first time. The book describes thoroughly a simple structure based upon the laws of three and seven, that underpin all reality, inside us, and out. The Objective Exercise at the end, is capable of waking us up, but only if we fully understand the rules and laws described in the whole book – an encyclopedic reference manual or a full 8-day inner journey to awakening, as if a teacher is sitting beside you teaching you how to be a Human Being, fulfilling your own full potential.
Awakening from Sleep
When asleep, we remember nothing. When awake, we remember all.
Life even feels longer. How many times have you been bored, and time drags by so much, but afterwards it seems like blip, full of only vague memories that an event even happened? When awake, time flies by, in a natural flow state, the world is more full and rich, and when we look back we remember so much more of it, and more accurately.
Become what you have a right to be – awake, living life to the full, being what you are, treating others and yourself with kindness and respect. This freedom is just a few clicks away.
Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets: The TEACHING GUIDE
This is a course for development of knowledge and being, and for awakening. It’s delivered as an 389-page E-book of an 8-day course to objectively awaken from the illusory nature of “sleep”, to understand the diatonic nature of reality, to learn how to stop thoughts, and to gain personal presence and command of self. Click here to purchase.
This document has been hand transcribed and edited from the best three inner journeys, drawn from over 500, and the whole package comprises the following:
- A transcript of the entire teaching narrative for an 8-day course in awakening objectively, delivered by Russell A. Smith to over 500 students who have traveled worldwide over the last 30 years to Texas, USA. This enables you to experience and undertake the full inner journey as if Russell was sitting with you face-to-face, walking you through each chapter of his book, Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets. He fully explains each concept within the book, recounting background stories on reality, relating the structure of music to physics and psychology, and practicing exercises to enhance their being and presence. All this in preparation for the objective exercise to awaken higher centers on the final day. This path to objective awakening is structured as follows:
- Introduction – a discussion on the sense and significance of humanity, how the laws of three and seven have been hiding in front of us all, and how we must verify truth for ourselves. Showing how numbers are the basis of all, but how easy it is to grasp.;
- Part 1 – the five strivings of a conscious being, objective way to awaken, the real Enneagram of Gurdjieff, three forces and seven stages, musical harmonies, and diatonic scales and octaves, showing the basis of the nature of reality. Octave worksheets, confidence in the simple mathematics;
- Part 2 – the creation and uncreation of the universe, seven triads, the changing of the laws, alignment of forces, mathematics of forces in the Enneagram, a model to create the Diatonic Universe. Grasping creation and sensing an objectivity to this work;
- Part 3 – octaves of radiations, fundamental points, Ray of Creation, oscillations, definition of things and scales, mapping music, creation and evolution to a standard deck of playing cards, self-remembering, reason and how it destroys itself, the four “ways” to awaken, the fall of man. Our right to awaken, and how we have the necessary cards. Introduction to 36 exercises and beginning of the exercise program;
- Part 4 – cosmic loop, three stories, oscillating, ascending and descending DO’s, duality, the atom and quarks, three scales, three forces at DO, LA, and FA, harmonic stability, major and minor oscillations, three scales in an oscillation, mapping music, creation and evolution to human DNA. Proof of how music is the basis of life;
- Part 5 – defining fabric of the Universe, outer octaves, diatonic forces, RNA, chords, Diagram of Nutrition, blending, Symbolic Enneagram becoming Diatonic Enneagram. Assisting forces and the removal of uncertainty;
- Part 6 – completing structure of the Universe, Diagram of Everything Living, cosmic symbols and boundaries, every force contains two forces, Pascal’s Triangle, Fibonacci Sequence, 19 outer octaves, diatonic structure of the Universe, supreme vibrations and families, mapping to atomic orbitals, octaves in the Universe, Universal Cosmic Weave, Big Bang, how the diatonic structure maps to the Periodic Table of Elements. Things make sense, and awakening is not just expected but is a right;
- Part 7 – obligatory gap aspects, outer octaves and shared vibrations, the Octave of Life, major oscillations affecting octaves, how the gaps are created, duplicating principle, to awake, die and be reborn consciously, man as a three-story factory, family octave members, chords, areas of coincidence between spirit and matter, brains come into being, objective reason, aspects of the notes, three particularities of being, evolution and involution, why processes stop, similarities to the already arisen, three trinities, gravity, electro-magnetic forces, lines of supervision in an Enneagram. Recapitulation, polishing centers, preparation for awakening, undertaking the Objective Exercise;
- All and Everything Conference dialogue;
- Beelzebub’s Last Wish – the beginning sequel to Beelzebub’s Tales to His Grandson;
- A Law Conformable Schematic for Awakening Higher Centers;
- Help sheets for worksheets and diagrams;
- Enneagram examples;
- Foundational Literature.
- A copy of Russell’s book, Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets, for free, embedded within the PDF, with teaching notes, additional models and images, or background stories for every page;
- A 34 page document transcribing a discussion on the 36 exercises from THEDOG in 3 levels, designed to improve Knowledge and Being and presence intellectually, emotionally, and physically;
- The Objective Exercise to Awaken – 20 pages of explanation and directions to awaken your higher center.
- Links to a whole set of videos that teach the background knowledge required to complete the inner journey, plus a series on debunking false beliefs, leading to a clearer, more objective mind;
- Access to the archive of THEDOG school, containing articles and discussions on Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets, exercises, the Fourth Way, and the objective exercise to awaken;
- 42 worksheets, models and diagrams, supporting each chapter of the Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets walkthrough;
- Links to over 50 podcasts, covering walkthroughs for 11 exercises (2 hours of audio), and 32 discussions on consciousness, and the diatonic universe explained within Gurdjieff: Cosmic Secrets (17 hours of audio). Full transcripts are given with every podcast, and associated diagrams where applicable;
- Animations and explanations on key processes and models
- 38 Gurdjieff Aphorisms with images and explanations;
- 48 DOGTALES, aphorisms from THEDOG with full explanations
- Articles relating to objective consciousness;
- Recommended reading list of background Fourth Way books.
All material © 2020 THEDOG Publishing